Salt lamps are natural ionizers; they purify the air in a room by charging the room with heavily negative ions. This process is purification is the same as houseplants, rain and sea air. The salt derives from the dried ocean beds from Poland, Iran and the Himalayas.
Crystal salt is pure and unrefined containing large amounts of trace minerals. The crystals are typically red, orange or pink in color. Lamps are either crystals in a cut or polished form, or in a rough and natural state. Each piece of crystal is indented and fitted with a candle holder or a bulb.
Placing the lamps near your workstation or your computer, assists in reducing electromagnetic field (EMF) effects emitted electronic devices such as computer monitors. The energy emitted from EMF’s is associated with increased tiredness and a lack of concentration. It is also linked to headaches, depression and a weak immune system.
Negative ions assist in improving overall health, and they are said to rid the air from dust, bacteria, allergens, smoke and other baneful particles.
One of the many benefits is to place a lamp in an area of the home such as a family room or passageway, since they produce tranquil and calming effects. Salt Lamps are also beneficial in a therapeutic environment such as a massage room as they are said to help with relaxation. You can also use a salt lamp for meditation, as they assist in taking the mind into a deeper and more tranquil state.
The principles of feng shui state that energy is affected by placing objects within a particular area. If you live with your partner, place a salt lamp in the right rear corner of your home, this will assist in improving your relationship.
Salt lamps are natural relaxation tools made from thousand years’ old salt. They are made from various colored salt rock crystals like violet, orange and white that have stripes, colors and textures. These lamps emit healthy amounts of negative ions when heated, and it is these negative ions that are responsible for the many salt lamp benefits.
1. These negative ions are produced when a heated candle interacts with the salt crystals, and help clean the air while improving focus and healing. This is why salt lamps make great night lamps that promote sound sleep through the clean and healthy atmosphere it creates in the room.
2. They are also great for use in the workplace as they help improve concentration while reducing stress and fatigue. Besides these direct health benefits, if placed in a workplace, they help at reducing the radiation omitted by office equipment, especially from computer monitors.
3. They are effective in relieving the effects of artificial lights. They are popular in hospital and clinical environments like waiting rooms as they help create a sense of calm and comfort in the room it is placed and thus reduces stress.
4. They are also useful in bars, clubs, casinos, coffee shops and basically any public place where there is lots of smoking and cigarette smoke as they help reduce the residue of lingering smoke. In fact, not only do these lamps emit healthy negative ions, they also absorb the positive ions that cigarette smoke creates.
5. Another addition in salt lamp benefits is it’s use in color therapy or chromotherapy where the light’s soothing effect helps calm down people with neurotic or insomnia disorders. They also help allergy sufferers as it keeps the air around them clean, safe and naturally ionized.