Salt lamps are natural relaxation tools made from thousand years’ old salt. They are made from various colored salt rock crystals like violet, orange and white that have stripes, colors and textures. These lamps emit healthy amounts of negative ions when heated, and it is these negative ions that are responsible for the many salt lamp benefits.
1. These negative ions are produced when a heated candle interacts with the salt crystals, and help clean the air while improving focus and healing. This is why salt lamps make great night lamps that promote sound sleep through the clean and healthy atmosphere it creates in the room.
2. Salt lamps are also great for use in the workplace as they help improve concentration while reducing stress and fatigue. Besides these direct health benefits, if placed in a workplace, they help at reducing the radiation omitted by office equipment, especially from computer monitors.
3. Salt lamps are effective in relieving the effects of artificial lights. They are popular in hospital and clinical environments like waiting rooms as they help create a sense of calm and comfort in the room it is placed and thus reduces stress.
4. Salt lamps are also useful in bars, clubs, casinos, coffee shops and basically any public place where there is lots of smoking and cigarette smoke as they help reduce the residue of lingering smoke. In fact, not only do these lamps emit healthy negative ions, they also absorb the positive ions that cigarette smoke creates.
5. Another addition in salt lamp benefits is it’s use in color therapy or chromotherapy where the light’s soothing effect helps calm down people with neurotic or insomnia disorders. They also help allergy sufferers as it keeps the air around them clean, safe and naturally ionized.
With so many salt lamp benefits, it is no wonder salt lamps are popularly used to restore and maintain natural air and thus induce relaxation and wellness. They are the lamps you are looking for to create a relaxed atmosphere at home.